Upcoming Events

no events match your query!

Blog Feeds

Public Inquiry
Interested in maladministration. Estd. 2005

offsite link Hong Kong and democracy

offsite link Oliver Callan: Back in his box Anthony

offsite link Elaine Byrne: Lacking moral courage to name names Anthony

offsite link Real democracies and referendums Anthony

offsite link Public Services Card: Some still forced to comply Anthony

Public Inquiry >>

The Saker
A bird's eye view of the vineyard

offsite link Moveable Feast Cafe 2020/06/04 ? Open Thread Thu Jun 04, 2020 07:30 | Herb Swanson
2020/06/04 06:30:02Welcome to the ‘Moveable Feast Cafe’. The ‘Moveable Feast’ is an open thread where readers can post wide ranging observations, articles, rants, off topic and have animate discussions of

offsite link The Wheel of Misfortune has sent the troops to Washington (Ruslan Ostashko) Thu Jun 04, 2020 03:27 | The Saker
please make sure to press the “cc” button to see the English language captions!

offsite link Nasrallah: the Covid-19 pandemic will upset the world order, and is a reminder of the human conditio... Wed Jun 03, 2020 23:45 | The Saker
Speech by Hezbollah Secretary General Sayed Hassan Nasrallah on March 28, 2020, devoted to the holy month of Sha?ban (which precedes the month of Ramadan) and the Covid-19 pandemic. Source:

offsite link Why America?s revolution won?t be televised Wed Jun 03, 2020 18:34 | amarynth
by Pepe Escobar – posted with permission The so far purely emotional insurrection lacks political structure and a credible leader to articulate grievances   The Revolution Won?t Be Televised†because this

offsite link Protesting, corona-conscience, a good dole: the US is doing things it can?t & it?s chaos Wed Jun 03, 2020 18:21 | amarynth
by Ramin Mazaheri for the Saker Blog The US has recently been trying to become a modern, humane society – and this is one of the many great hard-won and

The Saker >>

Human Rights in Ireland
A Blog About Human Rights

offsite link Human Rights Fri Mar 20, 2020 16:33 | Human Rights

offsite link Turkish President Calls On Greece To Comply With Human Rights on Syrian Refugee Issues Wed Mar 04, 2020 17:58 | Human Rights

offsite link US Holds China To Account For Human Rights Violations Sun Oct 13, 2019 19:12 | Human Rights

offsite link UN Human Rights Council Should Address Human Rights Crisis in Cambodia Sat Aug 31, 2019 13:41 | Human Rights

offsite link Fijian women still face Human Rights violations Mon Aug 26, 2019 18:49 | Human Rights

Human Rights in Ireland >>

Cedar Lounge
"A flaky website that purports to be ?leftist,? The Cedar Lounge Revolution, occasionally makes a relevant point or two."

offsite link Assumptions? wrong 11:19 Wed Jun 03, 2020 | WorldbyStorm

offsite link Elites 10:48 Wed Jun 03, 2020 | WorldbyStorm

offsite link What you want to say ? 3 June 2020 07:34 Wed Jun 03, 2020 | WorldbyStorm

offsite link Promises made, promises broken? 12:00 Tue Jun 02, 2020 | WorldbyStorm

offsite link Attitudes to the lockdown 10:29 Tue Jun 02, 2020 | WorldbyStorm

Cedar Lounge >>

Minutes for Nov 14th 2007

This contains Meeting Minutes for Nov 14th and the agenda and actions to be taken. Date of the next Indymedia meeting is given
Minutes of Nov 14th Indymedia Meeting from 7:50:pm to 9:10pm
5 People in attendence

Agenda
1) Review actions from previous meeting on Oct 20th 2007
2) Report back On Bristol IMC meeting
3) Site Enhancements
4) New Editors
5) Passwords & Site Stuff

1) Review of Previous meeting minutes and actions
1a) Prv Action: To enforce stricter intrepretation of Other Press category to be carried out. Being done

1b) Prv Action: To contact NGOs for Outreach. Not complete yet. Mark is working on this.

1c) Prv Action: Ant to coordinate writing of text for outreach leaflet. Not complete yet. Ant will work on this and post text to list within a week

1d) Prv Action: To hold an event for Eamons Crudden's new film. Done already in Seomra Spraoi but not organised by Indymedia, although we did a feature article promoting it. Successful night.

1e) Prv Action: To hold an Indy open day/workshops. To be organised. Probably for February.

1f) Prv Action: To implement code changes for transparency of actions with IP monitor. Completed.

1g) Prv Action: To generate automatic email when someone is banned. Not done.
This generated a lot of discussion and two proposals were put forward around IP banning. These were
*Proposal 1: Before a moderator can ban someone, you must provide URL evidence as a means of justifying the ban.
Vote: Not carried. 3 against, 1 for, 1 abstain
Summary: It would further increase the workload.

*Proposal 2: To aim to ban someone for less than or equal to 3 days and not more than 3 days for a 1st time ban
Vote: Motion carried. 5 For.
Action: To implement auto generation of email to list when an IP is banned.

1h) Prv Action: Ant to investigate how to run video on server. Partially completed. Ant has installed bit-torrent tracker software (it coordinates users) and is now ready to start hosting some videos for use with bit-torrent. Proposing to give ftp access to Eamon and maybe Revolt video.
He will continue work and investigation of flash mode.
Action: Static Oscailt page to be updated with info on this and new film Route Irish

1i) Prv Action: Terry to investigate enabling users to post Youtube videos. Partially complete. Code completed and tested and ready to go. Other formats can follow later.
This generated some discussion and a proposal and action
*Proposal: To allow users to embedded You tube video in stories and comments.
Vote: Motion carried. 5 votes for
Action: Ter To write up a story to announce this.

1j) Prv Action: Terry to become list administrator and get trained. Done. Ant provided training. Ant will resign from list administration shortly
Action: Ant to see if James and or C. will come back to List Administration

1k) Prv Action: To review Reddy's proposed new front page. Not done.
This generated discussion and his mockup was reviewed briefly by all those present at the meeting.
In summary, proposed page was generally agreeable, but the limit of only 1 feature was an issue because 2 or more features can help build up for an event. Also to do this properly will very likely require Oscailt code changes.
Action: For each person present, to respond to list with review of Reddys Proposal within 2 weeks

2) Bristol IMC Meeting Report back.
Ter already sent report to lists and resummarized main points.
Action: To investigate implmeneting 1 hour delay on comment publishing like Bristol IMC, except to on a per story rather than per site basis

3) Site Enhancments: It was agreed to postpone this item to the next meeting, but to be at the top of the agenda.

4) New editors
Discussion about getting people involved and our rules about it in the constitution.
Action: To discuss procedures for joining the collective
Action: Padraic to send email to discuss this on the list

5) Passowrds & Site Stuff
Discussion about enforcing 3 month idle rule, except it is not applicable to anyone
Action: Ter to create static Oscailt page(s) of meeting minutes. This can grow to include decisions of the Collective.
Action: Padraic to submit proposal on more relevant site documentation

Next Meeting: Wed 7:30pm to 9pm 12th Dec. Same place. And possibly followed by drinkees.

Agenda - will be:
1) Site Enhancements
2) Front page (Reddys')
3) Outreach

© 2001-2020 Independent Media Centre Ireland. Unless otherwise stated by the author, all content is free for non-commercial reuse, reprint, and rebroadcast, on the net and elsewhere. Opinions are those of the contributors and are not necessarily endorsed by Independent Media Centre Ireland. Disclaimer | Privacy