Blog Feeds

The Saker
A bird's eye view of the vineyard

offsite link Few items, more to come soon Fri Oct 22, 2021 17:07 | The Saker
First, please read this analysis from Andrei Martyanov: https://smoothiex12.blogspo... Second, Putin’s speech: probably the most important in his career!  We will post the full text when the translators in the

offsite link From Russia, With (Taliban) Love Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:05 | amarynth
Asia’s powerbrokers dropped an Afghan bombshell in Moscow today: ‘the country’s reconstruction must be paid for by its military occupiers of 20 years.’ By Pepe Escobar posted with permission and

offsite link Moveable Feast Cafe 2021/10/21 ? Open Thread Thu Oct 21, 2021 19:00 | herb
2021/10/21 18:00:02Welcome to the ‘Moveable Feast Cafe’. The ‘Moveable Feast’ is an open thread where readers can post wide ranging observations, articles, rants, off topic and have animate discussions of

offsite link Russian President Vladimir Putin is participating in the plenary session of the 18th Annual Meeting ... Thu Oct 21, 2021 18:46 | amarynth
Russian President Vladimir Putin is participating in the plenary session of the 18th Annual Meeting of the Valdai Discussion Club in Sochi. Theme:  ?Global Shake-Up in the 21st Century: The

offsite link The Grayzone ? Super Imperialism: The Economic Strategy of American Empire with Michael Hudson ? UPD... Thu Oct 21, 2021 14:29 | amarynth
Max Blumenthal and Ben Norton speak with economist Michael Hudson about his book “Super Imperialism: The Economic Strategy of American Empire.” Professor Hudson just published a 3rd edition that updates

The Saker >>

Public Inquiry
Interested in maladministration. Estd. 2005

offsite link Are the wheels of justice creaking into action?

offsite link Middle class revolution Anthony

offsite link Allegations of political criminality reported to An Garda Siochana Anthony

offsite link Minister Catherine Martin: Not fit to serve Anthony

offsite link Establishment media and delusional analysis Anthony

Public Inquiry >>

Human Rights in Ireland
A Blog About Human Rights

offsite link 5 Year Anniversary Of Kem Ley?s Death Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:34 | Human Rights

offsite link Poor Living Conditions for Migrants in Southern Italy Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:14 | Human Rights

offsite link Right to Water Mon Aug 03, 2020 19:13 | Human Rights

offsite link Human Rights Fri Mar 20, 2020 16:33 | Human Rights

offsite link Turkish President Calls On Greece To Comply With Human Rights on Syrian Refugee Issues Wed Mar 04, 2020 17:58 | Human Rights

Human Rights in Ireland >>

Minutes for Feb 2nd 2008

This contains Meeting Minutes for 2nd Feb and the agenda and actions to be taken.
Attendees: 4 people attended
Time: 12:30pm to 1:15:pm

Agenda:
1) Hosting of more torrent files/films
2) Videos Disabled
3) Open Day
4) Recruits/Features.

1) Discussion: About need to upload more films for torrent format.
Action
a) Ant to to write page about how to upload torrent file and what to do.

2) Videos are disabled because we don't have enough bandwidth. Existing bandwidth is around 10Mb/s and we already use 50%.
Action
a) To write up a page describing how and where to upload videos and link to them. i.e. to archive.org

3) Open Day: Discussion around this really ended up about having a stall on the Anarchist book fair on Mar 15th and maybe having a open meeting to tell people about how to get involved. The aims agreed were to try and get the Outreach leaflet ready for it.
Actions:
a) Ant will take to Eamon C about getting CDs for Route Irish film, having a stall and maybe showing a film.
b) Chkov to get the Outreach PDF from Reddy and to edit it for the text and images as part of preparation.
c) Mark, to make up pamphelets of existing recent good stories for distribution at the stall. d) Mark to follow up investigating if we can get Indymedia T-shirts, and associated costs etc.
e) Action to write up a story on Indy, requesting designs / help for T-Shirts.

4) Recruits/ Features.
Some discussion about recruitment of new moderators and how to get people interested, particularly in joining the email lists. It was suggested we need to document our decisions on the Indy static pages to help people speed up the learning process about the in and outs of Indymedia and thus enable them to get involved, understand the process, and contribute. There was also some discussion about emphasing to readers that Indy does not endorse everything that is written on the site. And some consideration to be given to writing features that fall on the criticism side.
Action:
a) Ant volunteered to try and get one feature out at the end of every week.

Next meeting to be on Sat, March 1st 2008
Agenda will be focused on Indy stall at bookfair on March 15th

© 2001-2021 Independent Media Centre Ireland. Unless otherwise stated by the author, all content is free for non-commercial reuse, reprint, and rebroadcast, on the net and elsewhere. Opinions are those of the contributors and are not necessarily endorsed by Independent Media Centre Ireland. Disclaimer | Privacy